BOARD AND KITE AFRICA: WHO ARE WE?
Board and Kite Africa is a watersports (kite and SUP) and lifestyle retail store based in Bloubergstrand, Table View, about 30 minutes north of central Cape Town, South Africa. We sell and rent Kite and SUP gear, and sell a large variety of accessories and apparel. We are the official importers for Eleveight and Reedin Kiteboarding and an official Airush Kiteboarding destination store. We carry a selection of recognised surf and watersports brands, including Quiksilver, Billabong, Dakine and AK Durable Supply Co., as well as selected local apparel brands. Services we provide include kite and surf/SUP repairs and gear testing (demo days). In cooperation with the BKA Kite School we also offer kite and SUP lessons. Our vision is to bring the watersports community together on the water.
1. SHOP ASSISTANT
Position summary: We are looking for a retail shop assistant to assist the Shop Manager with sales, stock control/display, rentals, equipment maintenance and other day-to-day tasks.
Basic Job requirements:
- Applicant MUST be an independent KITE-boarder and/or SUPer/surfer and water-sports enthusiast with at least 2 years of INDEPENDENT experience with a PASSION for watersports
- Patience and great communication skills to deal daily with customers and suppliers
- Must be prepared to periodically work long hours during high season
- Good organizational skills and knowledge of stock and inventory control
- Basic knowledge of KITE and SUP gear and its maintenance
- Basic knowledge of sales and shop display
- Previous sales experience will be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of using basic spreadsheets, word documents and POS systems will count in your favour
- Basic knowledge/interest in surf apparel is not a requirement but will count in your favour
- Presence at KITE/SUP events/competitions will be an advantage
- Applicant must be prepared to use and promote only brands sold through the shop
- Foreign applicants must comply with South African work permit regulations
Benefits of position:
- Access to and use of shop demo/rental KITE and SUP gear
- Staff discounts on products sold in the shop
- Possibility to kite, SUP or surf during work hours
- Living the watersports lifestyle and community
- Basic of R8000 – R12000 pm (after deductions), and commission on sales dependent on meeting of sales targets
- Salary and commissions will be determined on an individual basis based on experience, qualifications and time in the industry
- For further info on the basic minimum and other package benefits, please contact us directly
Duration of position:
- 1 September 2022 – 31 August 2023, with possibility to extend thereafter
- Probation & training period: 1-30 September 2022
- Work hours: 5 Days a week, 09h00 – 18h00, with daily shift basis and option for overtime
- Complete the form below and upload your CV.
- Application deadline: 31 July 2022