WORK IN A KITE/SUP SHOP!
Do you have a passion for the ocean and harnessing the elements? When the wind blows or the waves are pumping, do you get butterflies in your stomach? Do you want to share this excitement with like-minded water-sports people and help them gear up for their passion too?
We are looking for people who live for the ocean and the outdoors and who have always dreamed of making this their day job! Join our shop’s team of passionate kiters and Stand Up Paddlers as well as our growing community of customers, and live your dream!
If you feel this is YOU, read further and give us a shout or pop us an email to take this further…!
BOARD AND KITE AFRICA: WHO ARE WE?
Board and Kite Africa is a watersports (kite and SUP) and lifestyle retail store based in Bloubergstrand, Table View, about 30 minutes north of central Cape Town, South Africa. We sell and rent Kite and SUP gear, and sell a large variety of accessories and apparel. We are the official importers for Eleveight Kiteboarding, official Airush Kiteboarding destination store and an official dealer for Starboard SUP, Mystic and Prolimit. We carry a selection of recognised surf and watersports brands, including Quiksilver, Billabong, Dakine and Von Zipper, as well as selected local apparel brands. Services we provide include kite and surf/SUP repairs and gear testing (demo days). In cooperation with the Kiteboarding Cape Town School we also offer kite and SUP lessons. Our vision is to bring the watersports community together on the water.
SHOP & MARKETING ASSISTANT
(Please do not apply if you don’t have any Kiteboarding and/or SUP/Surf experience).
We are looking for a Retail Shop Assistant to manage all aspects of marketing for Board and Kite Africa. Tasks include social media management, email marketing, online marketing campaigns, content creation and website maintenance. Will also be required to assist with shop sales, stock control/display, rentals, equipment maintenance and other day-to-day tasks.
Basic Job requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media marketing, online marketing, website maintenance and email marketing.
- Applicant MUST be an independent kiteboarder and/or SUPer/surfer and water-sports enthusiast with at least 2 years of INDEPENDENT experience
- Applicant must have PASSION for watersports and the outdoors
- Basic knowledge of kite and SUP gear and its maintenance
- Basic knowledge of sales and shop display
- Basic knowledge/interest in surf apparel is not a requirement but will count in your favour
- Previous marketing experience will be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of using basic spreadsheets, word documents and POS systems will count in your favour
- Patience and great communication skills to deal daily with customers
- Presence at kite events/competitions will be an advantage
- Applicant must be prepared to use and promote only brands sold through the shop
- Foreign applicants must comply with South African work permit regulations
Benefits of position:
- Access to and use of shop demo/rental KITE and SUP gear
- Staff discounts on products sold in the shop
- Possibility to kite, SUP or surf during work hours
- Living the watersports lifestyle and community
- Salary and commissions will be determined on an individual basis
- For further info and details on the basic minimum and other package benefits, please contact us directly
Duration of position:
- 1 October 2019 – 30 September 2020 with possibility to extend thereafter
- Probation period: 1-30 October 2019
- Training period: 1-30 September 2019
- Work hours: 5 Days a week, 09h00 – 18h00, with daily shift basis
- Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 July 2019.